Petriashvili, Olgha Mikhailovna
Petriashvili Olgha Mikhailovna was born in Ulianovsk (Russian Federation), on September 18, 1953.
- In 1970 she completed A.P.Chekhov secondary school № 14 of Sukhumi and in the same year entered the historical-philological faculty of M.Gorki Sukhumi pedagogical Institute from which graduated with honors in 1975.
- In 1975-1978 is a teacher at Sukhumi secondary school № 20.
- In 1986-1992 is a teacher at A.P.Chekhov secondary school № 14 of Sukhumi.
- In1991-1993 is an instructor of the department of foreign literature of Sukhumi branch of Ivane Dzhavakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
- In 1997 at Ivane Dzhavakhishvili Tbilisi State University she maintained her thesis for a candidate’s degree in philological sciences on the subject: “The Stories by Ivan Bunin (1888-1953)”.
- In 2002 at Ivane Dzhavakhishvili Tbilisi State University she maintained her thesis for a doctor’s degree in philological sciences on the subject: “The Grotesque in Russian Literature of the 20th century”.
- In 2004-2006 she is a member of the dissertation board of the humanitarian faculty of Ivane Dzhavakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
- From 2006 up to the present time is a professor, the head of the department of the history of Slav Literatures at Sukhumi State University (in Tbilisi).
- From 2008 is an academician of the Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Georgia.
- Problems of Literary Grotesque. Tbilisi, “Metsniereba”, 1999 (in georgian).
- Essays on the History of Russian Literary Grotesque. Tbilisi, “Metsniereba”, 2000.
- The Grotesque in Russian Literature of the 20th century. Tbilisi, “Universal”, 2005.
Over 50 scientific articles in the journals, collections and proceedings of scientific – in Georgian, Russian, English, Ukrainian languages.
Remarks in encyclopedia
Olgha Petriashvili – in the encyclopedic reference book: “The Doctors of Science of Georgia (1992-2006)”, Tbilisi, the National Academy of Sciences of Georgia, 2012, p, 485.