Marcin Paweł Orzechowski (born on April, 16, 1976 at city of Częstochowa, Poland), DSc (Doctor of Science) – Doctor of social sciences in the field of political science. Author more than 40 articles and three author’s monograph.
International relations between Russia Federation and countries of post-Soviet area, political systems, political marketing
Assistant Professor of Institute of Political Science and Security Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Szczecin (Poland)
Member of Editorial board of “Acta Politica Polonica", journal of University of Szczecin.
Prizes and awards
19.03.2009 - laureate of the "Mentor of the Faculty of Humanities of the University of Szczecin" awarded by the University Council of Student Self-government. 09.12.2011 - winner of the "Road to Seven" competition organized by the Regional Contact Point for EU Research Programs, West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin. An IRSES project application form: "The sociopolitical dualism of Ukraine as the barrier of the modernization – among the Eastern European identity and Europeization"
2020 - By decision of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Political and Security Sciences, I received the degree of habilitated doctor of social sciences in the field of political sciences
2005 – Defense of a PhD thesis “Political strategies of Russian Federation towards the countries of the Eastern Europe region" in Department of Political Science, University of Maria Curie-Sklodowska, Lublin (Poland)
2001-2005 – Scholarship Holder of the European College of Polish and Ukrainian Universities, postgraduate (doctorate) studies.
1995-2000 – Department of Political Science, University of Maria Curie-Sklodowska, Lublin (Poland), Master of Political Science, specialization: International Relations
1991-1995 – Secondary School № 1 named after Juliusz Słowacki, Częstochowa (Poland)
Main published papers
- Orzechowski M. Political strategies of Russian Federation towards the countries of the Eastern Europe region in the years 1990-2005, Toruń, 2013, 227 p.
- Orzechowski M. Russian Federation and Ukraine - strategic partnership or asymmetric coexistence? Characteristics of the Russian - Ukrainian bilateral relations at the turn of the century, Szczecin, 2014, 182 p.
- Orzechowski M. From real pragmatism to neo-imperial expansionism. Evolution of the political strategy of the Russian Federation towards Ukraine, Szczecin, 2015, 307 p.
- Orzechowski M. The Orange Revolution and the situation in the Ukrainian political arena in the run-up to the 2010 presidential election: View from Poland – Univerisity – Kyiv Slavic University – №1, Kyiv – 2010 – p.14-24.
- Orzechowski M. Relations between Ukraine and the European Union as a part of the The Eastern Dimension of the European Neighborhood Policy – Almanac of Ukrainian Studies– №15, Kyiv – 2015 – p.14-24.
- Orzechowski M. Eastern Partnership - Euro-integration perspectives of Ukraine– Almanac of Ukrainian Studies– №8, Kyiv – 2012 – p.104-107.
- Orzechowski M. Novorossiya as an element of the post-Cold War reintegration model in the post-Soviet area, in: Ukraine: the time of change after the Revolution of Dignity / Chief editor A. Furier, Poznań 2017,p. 274-304.
- Orzechowski M., Noskowska D. Between Europeanization and European identity: political and social duality in Ukraine, in: Dimensions of European integration/ Chief editor T. Astramowicz-Leyk, M. Chełminiak, K. Sygidus, O. Gorbach), Olsztyn-Lwów, 2017, p. 61-74.
- Orzechowski M., Jartyś J. Respecting European Standards Concerning Human Rights of LGBT People in Poland and in the Russian Federation: : a comparative analysis // Reality of Politics : Estimates - Comments – Forecast, №7, Toruń, 2016, p. 56-67.
- Orzechowski M., Jartyś J. Respecting European Standards Concerning Human Rights of LGBT People in the Russian Federation and Ukraine: a comparative analysis // Reality of Politics : Estimates - Comments – Forecast, №7, Toruń, 2016, p. 68-81.
- Orzechowski M. Conflict in Donbass as a Case Study of the Deconstruction of Ukraine’s Statehood. Present State and Prospects for Regulating It // Ukrainian Policymaker", vol. 5., Kyiv 2019, p. 53-60.
- Orzechowski M. Conflicts in Donbass and the Kerch Strait as an Element of the Neo-Imperialist Expansion Strategy of the Russian Federation in the Post-Soviet Area // Ukrainian Policymaker", vol. 3., Kyiv 2018, p. 43-50.